The University of Virginia is going head-to-head against Old Dominion University, not only in the Governor’s Holiday Hoops Classic on Dec. 22, but also in a food drive benefitting Virginia’s food banks.
U.Va. President Teresa A. Sullivan is co-chairing the drive with ODU President John R. Broderick.
“During the holiday season, we want to reach out to those who are in need of assistance,” Sullivan said. “The food drive gives us a great opportunity to help our friends and neighbors, while the Holiday Hoops Classic lets us enjoy some good basketball at the same time. I’m grateful to Governor McDonnell for leading this effort.”
The U.Va. drive supports the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank. Through Dec. 15, U.Va.’s Community Relations office will partner with the Department of Athletics and the Office of the Vice President and Chief Student Affairs Officer to collect donations on Grounds and online. The food bank will track all contributions and calculate the final amount.
Ways to Give:
- Make a financial contribution in any amount using the “Give Now” button on the Community Relations website and following these steps:
1. Select or enter the amount of your donation.
2. Enter your contact and billing information.
3. Select your payment method.
- Text FEEDBR UVA to 85944. A $10 donation will be added to your cell phone bill through Text2Give. Phones billed as part of a family or company plan are not eligible.
- Donate a non-perishable food item at a location below.
- 400 Ray C. Hunt Drive
- Alderman Library
- Bice House
- Claude Moore Health Sciences Library
- Courts & Commerce at the U.Va. Law School
- Crossroads at O-Hill
- Dabney House
- Lambeth Commons
- Leake Building – Facilities Management
- Madison Hall
- Madison House
- Piedmont Building at 2405 Ivy Road
- Rouss/Robertson Hall at the Commerce School
- Ruffner Hall
- U.Va. Bookstore