Greek News

Order of Omega Spotlight

December 3rd, 2012

Order of Omega Spotlight

The Order of Omega is the National Greek Honor Society. The Kappa Zeta Chapter at the University of Virginia will recognize a notable member each month. We are proud to recognize our organization’s exemplary members of the Greek community!

Interested in more information about Order of Omega? Contact Charlotte Fraser (cef6ft).

Chris Zapple

What is your chapter affiliation? I am a brother of Delta Sigma Phi.  Currently, I serve as the Vice President.

What is your major and minor? I am a Commerce major and a Global Sustainability minor.

What organizations are you involved in on Grounds? Besides Delta Sig, my major time commitments include Third Year Council, the University Guide Service, Commerce Council, and Alternative Spring Break.

What role has Greek life played in your time at UVa? Greek life has been an integral role in my life at UVa.  Through Delta Sig and the Greek community I have met many of my best friends, been exposed to opportunities I never knew about. The experience has given my time at UVa more meaning.  Years down the road, I believe I will look back fondly on my time in UVa Fraternity life.

What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday in Charlottesville? Going with friends to any Virginia sporting event to see the Hoos win, followed by dinner at the Virginian.

What is your favorite food? The slop bucket from Belmont Barbecue; pulled pork, cheesy potatoes, and baked beans all in one.

What is an interesting fact about yourself that not many people know? This past summer while working in New Mexico, I hiked 351 miles over a span of 52 days. Despite having 25 fewer days to hike, I managed to top my 2011 mileage by 20 miles.