Monthly meetings are open. All members of the University of Virginia's Non-Tenure-Track Faculty and Senior Professional Research Staff are invited to attend.
The General Faculty Council is the elective body representing the Non-Tenure-Track Faculty and Senior Professional Research Staff of the University of Virginia.
General Faculty Council
Wednesday, January 14, 2014
12:00 noon - 1:30 pm
Room 421 (Scholars' Lab) - Alderman Library
1. Call to Order - Jennifer Stertzer, GFC Chair Elect in place of GFC CHair Saathoff (off-site on UVa Project)
2. Round-robin introductions
3. Presentation on UVa construction strategic planning: On and around grounds.
• Donald Sundgren, Chief Facilities Officer, Facilities Management Department
• Sarita Herman, Project Coordinator, Facilities Management Department
4. Relevant for general faculty who work with students: Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) has produced a 4-minute video on suicide awareness. It offers suggestions on how to talk about this difficult subject and how to encourage students to get help on grounds through CAPS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orMGFR-NhUQ&feature=youtu.be.
5. Upcoming Elections - Jeff Sitler
6. Partnerships and Outside Groups
• Faculty Senate - Joe Garofalo
Reciprocal Faculty Senate Event for GFC
7. GFC standing committees
• Communications - Jennifer Stertzer
• Policy - Barbara Kessler and Kathryn Reid
• Data Management - Jennifer Stertzer
• Bylaws - Sarah Ware
• Elections - Jeff Sitler (see above)
Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 12:00-1:30pm