Copeley Hill Apartments
Copeley Hill is located near the Law and Darden
Schools on the North Grounds and approximately
six-tenths of a mile from the University's Central
Grounds. The community is nestled among wooded,
rolling hills with a creek that winds through the
There are 28 buildings in Copeley Hill with 254
one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartments.
Each building consists of four one-bedroom
and four two-bedroom units on the first and
second floors, and some have three-bedroom
apartments in the lower level, partly below
ground. The buildings are two stories in the front,
but due to terrain, may be three stories in the rear.
Copeley Hill apartments can be occupied by single and married graduate students, including those with families.
School District: Albemarle County
Map of Area (PDF)
|Floor Plans||Room Photos|
[click for more floorplans]
[click for more pictures]
|Description of Facilities|
- Air conditioning unit in living room
- Hot water convection radiators with thermostatic control valves
- Balcony or patio
- Refrigerator with upper freezer compartment
- Electric range
- Single stainless steel or porcelain kitchen sink (no electric garbage disposal)
- One bathroom with bathtub
- Built-in closets
- Mini blinds on windows and vertical blinds on sliding glass door
- Linoleum flooring
- Wireless connection to the University's computer network
- Security devices such as deadbolt lock, door chain, peep-hole, and blocking bar for sliding glass door
- Shared laundry facilities in building
- Storage bin [4'W x 4'D x 8'H] in building's basement
- Furnished apartments also include: one three-cushion sofa, one lounge chair, two end tables, dining table with four chairs (six chairs in three bedroom apartments), bedroom suite (double bed, five drawer dresser, and nightstand) in each bedroom. Some units also include a six drawer dresser and mirror in each bedroom.
- Residents must furnish their own microwave ovens, pots, pans, dishes, utensils, linens, lamps, carpeting, shower curtains, etc.