University Gardens is located approximately six-tenths of a mile from the University's Central Grounds and the Law and Darden Schools on North Grounds. This community is surrounded on three sides by wooded areas, with close proximity to the Barracks Road shopping center.
There are eight buildings with a total of 69 apartments in University Gardens; 41 are one-bedroom and 28 are two-bedrooms.
These apartments can be occupied by single and married graduate students, including those with families.
School District: City of Charlottesville
Map of Area (PDF)
|Floor Plans||Room Photos|
[click for more floorplans]
[click for more pictures]
|Description of Facilities|
- Air conditioning unit
- Hot water convection radiators with thermostatic control valves
- Refrigerator with upper freezer compartment
- Gas range
- Single stainless steel or porcelain kitchen sink (no electric garbage disposal)
- One bathroom with bathtub and tile or linoleum floor
- Built-in closets
- Mini blinds on windows
- Wood flooring (a few apartments have have linoleum or carpet)
- Wireless connection to the University's computer network
- Security devices such as deadbolt lock, door chain, peep-hole, and window locks
- Shared laundry facilities in buildings 85 and 126
- Storage bin [4'W x 4'D x 8'H] in common storage area
- Furnished apartments also include: one three-cushion sofa, one lounge chair, two end tables, dining table with four chairs (six chairs in three bedroom apartments), bedroom suite (double bed, five drawer dresser, and nightstand) in each bedroom. Some units also include a six drawer dresser and mirror in each bedroom.
- Residents must furnish their own microwave ovens, pots, pans, dishes, utensils, linens, lamps, carpeting, shower curtains, etc.