Housekeeping & Extermination
Housekeepers are responsible for routine cleaning of public areas, such as hallways, stairwells, common bathrooms, and lounges. The housekeeping staff replenishes consumable items, such as toilet tissue and light bulbs, in these areas as needed. No housekeeping services are provided to apartments or suites in upperclass housing. You are expected to keep your room and suite/apartment clean.
Limited cleaning equipment (mop, vacuum cleaner, bucket, broom) is available in areas where cleaning services are provided for check-out through Resident Staff, who will keep your I.D. until the equipment is returned.
It is recommended that you bring a "cleaning kit" (broom, dust pan, sponge, all-purpose liquid cleaner, etc.) in order to keep your room clean.
Sprays & Extermination
All of the houses are on a regular extermination schedule. If a plethora of bugs exist in your room, suite or bathroom, place an online work request.
The specific space reported will be sprayed. If there is a problem in the closet, please remove shoes and clothes from the floor and the side walls of the closet. Your personal belongings will not be sprayed. The maintenance staff will not move your belongings in order to spray.
There will be a note in your room or suite indicating that the space you reported was sprayed.
Did you know...?
- Ants are attracted to food and drink, as well as toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, perfume, soap, and detergent.
- If any room in your suite/apartment has bugs, your room is likely to have bugs.
- Bugs are attracted to empty pizza boxes, soda cans and other food packaging, as well as the items mentioned above.
- Most of the bugs go away once it is colder outside, but it's best to try to avoid them, if at all possible.
What you can do?
- Keep the suite, your room and the bathroom free of food, clutter and open personal hygiene items.
- Encourage others in your area to keep rooms and common space clean.
- Sweep and vacuum the floors and empty recyclables and trash regularly.