Resident Advisor Selection
"Learning from the experiences of others, while also sharing your own, has been my favorite part of being an RA. Every student at UVa has a unique story. I have loved the opportunity to work with residents, and fellow staff members, to hear these stories and shape these experiences into the collective identity of the residential and UVa communities."
-Nicole, Nursing '14
Housing & Residence Life will be inviting applications for Resident Advisor (RA) positions for the 2014-2015 academic year starting on November 21, 2013. See the RA Application Process page for instructions.
All communication with applicants will be done via University email. Applicants are encouraged to check your email regularly to ensure successful participation in the Advisor Selection process.
So You Want to be an RA?
Attend an Information Session:
- Thursday, November 14th, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m., Monroe 130
- Monday, December 2nd, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m., Minor 125
- Wednesday, January 22nd, time and location TBD
- Info Session PowerPoint slides
Attend Office Hours in the conference room in Dabney House:
- Thursday, December 5th, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 13th, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 21st, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 24th, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions:
- Resident Advisor positions are open to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Must have and maintain a GPA of at least 2.25 and be in good academic standing, as defined by your school, at the time of application submission, throughout your candidacy, and at the time of employment.
- Must be in good judicial/disciplinary standing with the University. Having a judicial history does not eliminate a candidate from consideration, but the nature of the incident(s) may have bearing.
The descriptions below are for the 2013-2014 academic year. 2014-2015 job descriptions will become available here in the coming weeks.
- Resident Advisor - First-Year Residence Area
- Resident Advisor - TUF (Transfer, Upperclass, Focused) Area
- Resident Staff Employment Agreement