Resident Advisor Selection
"Learning from the experiences of others, while also sharing your own, has been my favorite part of being an RA. Every student at UVa has a unique story. I have loved the opportunity to work with residents, and fellow staff members, to hear these stories and shape these experiences into the collective identity of the residential and UVa communities."
-Nicole, Nursing '14
Housing & Residence Life will be inviting applications for Resident Advisor (RA) positions for the 2013-2014 academic year starting on November 28, 2012. See the RA Application Process page for instructions.
All communication with applicants will be done via University email. Applicants are encouraged to check your email regularly to ensure successful participation in the Advisor Selection process.
So You Want to be an RA?
Attend an Information Session:
- Monday, January 21st at 7:00 p.m., NHL Kaleidoscope Room
- Info Session PowerPoint slides
Read the Frequently Asked Questions:
- Resident Advisor positions are open to undergraduate students.
- Must have and maintain a GPA of at least 2.0 and be in good academic standing, as defined by your school, at the time of application submission, throughout your candidacy, and at the time of employment.
- Must be in good judicial/disciplinary standing with the University. Having a judicial history does not eliminate a candidate from consideration, but the nature of the incident(s) may have bearing.
2013-2014 job descriptions are now available:
- Resident Advisor - First-Year Residence Area
- Resident Advisor - TUF (Transfer, Upperclass, Focused) Area
- Resident Staff Employment Agreement