Resident Advisor Selection
"Learning from the experiences of others, while also sharing your own, has been my favorite part of being an RA. Every student at UVa has a unique story. I have loved the opportunity to work with residents, and fellow staff members, to hear these stories and shape these experiences into the collective identity of the residential and UVa communities."
-Nicole, Nursing '14
Housing & Residence Life is inviting applications for Resident Advisor (RA) positions for the 2015-2016 academic year starting on November 24, 2014. See the RA Application Process page for instructions.
All communication with applicants will be done via University email. Applicants are encouraged to check your email regularly to ensure successful participation in the Advisor Selection process.
So You Want to be an RA?
Attend an Information Session:
- Tuesday, October 21st, 6:00 p.m., Chem 304
- Wednesday, November 5th, 6:30 p.m., Chem 402
- Monday, December 1st, 6:00 p.m., Wilson 301
- Wednesday, January 21st, 6:00 p.m., Newcomb Theater
- Info Session PowerPoint slides
Attend our Resume Workshop:
- Monday, November 17th, 6:30 p.m., Clark 108
Attend our Interview Workshop:
- Friday, January 23rd, 2:30 p.m., Monroe 130
- Resident Advisor positions are open to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Must have and maintain a GPA of at least 2.25 and be in good academic standing, as defined by your school, at the time of application submission, throughout your candidacy, and at the time of employment.
- Must be in good judicial/disciplinary standing with the University. Having a judicial history does not eliminate a candidate from consideration, but the nature of the incident(s) may have bearing.
2015-2016 job descriptions are now available.
- Resident Advisor - First-Year Residence Area
- Resident Advisor - TUF (Transfer, Upperclass, Focused) Area
- 2015-16 Resident Staff Employment Agreement