Skip to Content

Undergraduate Transfer Students

The University offers a number of different residence styles and locations for new transfer students. Apartments, traditional hallway-style bedrooms, residential colleges, and language houses provide a wide variety of experiences for student living. We encourage transfer students to consider living on-Grounds to ease your transition into the University community.

Transfer and Upperclass Housing Community

The Transfer Student Community at Johnson, Malone and Weedon (JMW) is specifically designed to provide new transfer students with a supportive and engaging residential experience. Incoming transfers will live on floors with returning upperclass students, thereby providing the support of fellow transfer students also experiencing the transition, and the benefit of experienced U.Va. students who can help new transfers engage with the University community. Resident Advisors and a Graduate Intern will partner to assist transfer students with academic planning, meeting peers, and taking advantage of the University's academic and extracurricular opportunities.

Other Housing Options for Undergraduate Transfer Students

Residential Colleges – Experience U.Va. as Jefferson intended!

Choose a Residential College and live Jefferson's vision of the Academical Village. Learn More

Display only Housing options that meet the following criteria:

Residence style:
Bedroom type:
Maximum rate: $ (rates are for the nine-month academic year)

Map of all Residence Areas (PDF)

Housing Rates and Comparison Chart