- A University of Virginia Student eligible for a University ID Card is an individual who is enrolled in a degree program or a summer session program.
- Full-time and Part-time Employees of the University receiving benefits from the University are entitled to receive an ID card.
- Wage/temporary employees (i.e. adjunct faculty, part-time without benefits, post-doc, wage); and Non-Paid employees (i.e. Visiting Faculty and Staff, temporary employees, ROTC) may receive a University ID card with an ID card application form completed and signed by the supervisor or Human Resources. An expiration date is required and will be printed on the ID card. There will be a $10 fee charged for the ID card. See Faculty/Staff ID Card Application Form. The same process is required to renew an ID card. ID Proofing can be done without the issuance of an ID card. It may be done without an ID application.
- A Participant in a Special Program eligible for a University ID card must be sponsored by a University department.
The University of Virginia Identification (ID) Card combines many features all on one card. Please note that many of these features are available for full-time students only. These features include:
- Library Circulation Privileges
- Building Access
- Meal Plans and Plus Dollars (student only)
- Cavalier Advantage Access to University services
- Student Health facilities (student only)
- Access to recreational facilities
- Charge privileges at University Bookstore locations (student only)
- Admission to athletic events (student only)
- University Transit