- A University of Virginia Student eligible for a University ID Card is an individual who is enrolled in a degree program or a summer session program.
- Full-time and Part-time Employees of the University receiving benefits from the University are entitled to receive an ID card.
- Wage Employees, Visiting Faculty and Staff, and Contracted Employees may receive an ID card with departmental or Human Resources written authorization and justification as to the need for the ID. An expiration date is required and will be printed on the ID card.
- A Participant in a Special Program eligible for a University ID card must be sponsored by a University department.
The University of Virginia Identification (ID) Card combines many features all on one card. Please note that many of these features are available for full-time students only. These features include:
- Library Circulation Privileges
- Building Access
- Meal Plans and Plus Dollars (student only)
- Cavalier Advantage Access to University services
- Student Health facilities (student only)
- Access to recreational facilities
- Charge privileges at University Bookstore locations (student only)
- Admission to athletic events (student only)
- University Transit
- Access to Student Legal Services (student only)