May 19, 2006
Vol. 36, Issue 9
Back Issues
IN THIS ISSUE
Another notch on the educational belt of prodigy and peace activist Greg Smith
Class of 2006 from numbers to names
Undergrads pursue research
Holt 'Everywoman' of opera
Deep-sea research
Law studies go global
Darden's India program
Wise decisions
Moore follows grown-up desire to be doctor
Lending a hand learning a lot
Post-Katrina Mississippi
Students vie - and place - in international competition to rebuild New Orleans
'The angels among us' 2006 Sullivan Award winners
An engineer without borders
'Academically strong and socially aware'

Talking to Thomas Jefferson's horse

Rescuing U.Va.'s 'trail blazers'
Truman scholar defers N.Y.C., job, grad school for New Orleans relief
U.Va. students win prestigious scholarships
Guiding the way
The power of reading Harry Potter
Kremer's journey from doctor to nurse
Todd Aman: A feminist activist at U.Va.
Shoshana Griffith: Citizen of the world
Jackson blends business savvy with passion for music
TOP NEWS

Search U. Va. Web
(keyword/s)

Finals 2006
Class of 2006 from numbers to names

Four years ago, we didn’t really know them. We knew their average SAT score (over 1,300), how many had graduated in the top 10 percent of their high school class (83 percent), how many had attended public high schools (75 percent) and how many had attended private schools (the other 25 percent). But numbers never tell the whole story. Full story


Greg Smith

Phil Jackson

Anne Holt

Todd Aman

Jessica Fowler

Emmanuel Smadja

 


 
© Copyright 2006 by the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia

News Editor
Kathleen Valenzi

Assistant News Editor
Rebecca Arrington

Assistant News Editor
Brendan Mathews


Graphic Designer
Anne Matthews

Staff Photographer
Dan Addison

Assistant Vice President for University Relations
Carol Wood

Senior Director of University Relations
Jeff Hanna

Contributors
Karen Asher
Anne Bromley
Brevy Cannon
Mary Carlson
Charlotte Crystal
Jane Ford
Matt Kelly
Fariss Samarrai
Web Editor
Sally Barbour

 

Send questions or story suggestions to Kathleen Valenzi or Rebecca Arrington or call (434) 924-7116.

UVa Home Page UVa Events Calendar Top News UVa Home Page