- Students to Benefit Most from New Student System
- What Have We Done for You Lately?
- Finding the Best in Class
- Yes, You Can
- New IS Suggestion Box Email Address
- Current Usability Taskforce Projects
- Hints and Tips
Yes, You Can
Many respondents to the IS User Survey made comments indicating areas of frustration for which there are actually solutions and/or answers. Because we cannot always respond directly to whoever made the comments (unless they submitted their names), we are publishing the solutions here with the hope that all users who may have been similarly frustrated can find relief.
It would be a lot easier if the Payment Voucher Number column was at the far left of the screen.
Users can create their own versions of the Payment Voucher folder using Folder Tools.
1. Open a blank Payment Voucher screen
2. Click on the Yellow Folder in the left hand corner
3. Select Payment Voucher folder
4. Select Folder Tools either from the drop down menu under Folder or from the icon on the tool bar.
5. Use the left ? and right ? arrows in folder tools to move fields to your preferred order
6. Save the folder, from the Folder Tools icon or Folder menu- the screen should still be blank.
7. Upon saving you will get the following pop up: “The changes you have made to this public folder will cause it to be saved as your own private folder. Do you want to proceed with saving the folder?” Click OK. From that point forward when you select Folder on the payment voucher, you’ll see a version with your ID as the owner. Select that folder for your column arrangement.
The ChemStores catalog can only be searched in a case-sensitive fashion and outside of the Purchasing application.
ChemStores items can be searched from the “Item Search” menu item on the PO Purchaser or PO Requestor navigation menus. This screen is searchable by item number or item description. If you click “Show Quantity” the results will give you the quantity available to purchase. In cases where you are unsure of the item description, you can use the wild card (%) to search all items for a specific value. Example: %Pipet% will return all items with Pipet in the description.
Why is LPO the default for a purchase requisition?
The Integrated System Purchasing module allows only one default line type for all purchasing documents. Many more LPOs are created than requisitions; consequently the LPO line type was chosen as default.
It would be helpful if the purchase requisition number was reflected on the purchase order.
The requisition number is not reflected on the printed PO because the PO is an external document. Viewing from the Requisition or PO Summary is the most direct way to make the connection between the PO and the Requisition number.
To do this, if you have the PO number and want to look at the original requisition, go to Requisition Summary>Related Documents tab> PO number. Enter the PO number, be sure the Results area has Lines marked in the radio button, and click Find. This will return the Requisition that was autocreated into the PO you entered.
The opposite works from PO summary. Enter Requisition # into Related Documents, be sure that Lines is marked, click Find. You can also pull up the requisition in Requisition Summary, go to the line level, and scroll until you find the “Order” column. This column is populated with either the PO number or Sales Order number when requisitions are processed.
It isn’t clear how to see when an invoice has been paid.
To see when an LPO has been paid, go to PO Summary, Find your PO. Click on Inquire> View Invoices. Any invoice matched to the PO is returned. Look at Last Paid Date and Check number. If there are no values, the invoice has not been paid. When the invoice is paid, the actual check number will populate the Check number field, and the Last Paid date will be populated.
To see when a Payment Voucher has been paid, from the PO Purchaser menu Accounts Payable>Invoices>Inquiry>Invoice Overview. Enter your Voucher number or invoice number, click Find. The Invoice Overview screen will show you when the invoice was paid, check number, and PO number if it was a matched invoice.
I would love to be able to have more than one Task open at a time, e.g. look at Tasks 101 and 108 at the same time.
This is possible. Just log on as many times as you wish. Each window can have a different Task.
Be sure to read Hints and Tips for further time-saving information.