- I.S. User Fair Gets Users Ro11ing
- Reconciliation Course About Ready for Showtime
- Upgrade Proceeds on Schedule
- How Do We Get from Here to There?
- Technical SWAT Team Being Developed
- Strong Password Required for 11i
- Hints and Tips for Discoverer
- Questions and Answers from Users
I.S. User Fair Gets Users Ro11ing
About 500 people “Got Ro11ing with I.S.” on March 3 at the I.S. User Fair. They munched popcorn and ham biscuits, filled meeting rooms for presentations, sat at computers to see 11i (the new version of the Integrated System) first hand, asked questions about purchasing, cost transfers, deposits, effort reports, hiring, payroll, Discoverer, and desktop issues, and, to all appearances, generally had a good time. That is thanks to 100 people who gave presentations or answered questions or demonstrated 11i or filled popcorn bags or otherwise contributed to the multi-faceted event.
Extra chairs were delivered early in Newcomb Hall’s South Meeting Room as people spilled out into the hallway to hear about “Fashioning Your I.S. Personal Homepage.” Those attending “Show Me the Money – Accounting for University Funds” got an abbreviated look at materials being developed to help explain the comings and goings of money at U.Va. A tag team of central office folks showed still others how best to survive the cutover week before go-live in “How Do I Get from Here to There – Dealing with Cutover.” To view these and other presentations (those in Power Point format) and handouts from the fair, click here.
While everyone seemed to walk away with trinkets, handouts, and smiles, five attendees also had their names selected for door prizes. Those lucky five were:
- Barbara Hogan, Development, UVA Sweatshirt
- Laura Lingo, Financial Analysis, 2 UVA Lacrosse tickets
- Angela Rogers, Pathology, Bearing Point Duffle bag
- Denise Thompson, Pediatrics, UVA Sweatshirt
- Kathy White, Pediatric Cardiology, 2 UVA Baseball tickets