- ODS Hours Extended
- You Said - We Listened
- Check It Out!
- New Software Download for the Integrated System
- No More Paper Timesheets!
- New ISDS Staff
- Current Usability Task Force Projects
You Said - We Listened
Thank you for responding to the Integrated System 2008 User Survey! While we listen to IS users throughout the year, the survey is an effective tool for consolidating opinions, comments, and concerns so they may be addressed. ISDS has been surveying users of the Integrated System since 2004, and responses to each survey have helped guide improvements to the system. The 2008 Integrated System User Survey posted 1,026 responses and included 205 comments. 302 of the responses, and 29% of the comments came from users with only PO Shopper responsibility.
This year, users rated overall satisfaction with the system at 3.63 (out of 5), compared to 3.54 in 2007. 53% of respondents saw improvement in the system over the past year (11% disagreed). For full results, click here.
The IS User Survey drawing winner for 2008 was Elizabeth Wharton from ITC. She won the $50 drawing for a Simon gift card.
Survey comments fell primarily into four areas, and significant progress and increased support can be reported in each of these areas.
- Payment Voucher Report
- The Payment Voucher Report runtimes have improved from minutes to seconds.
- ODS availability
- ODS availability has increased, effective October 1, from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. (rather than 6:30 p.m.), Monday through Saturday, and 12:00 noon until 10:00 p.m. on Sunday (see article). In addition, ODS data now includes the previous days transactions.
- The University requires that your system password be reset every 45 days as the security best practice.
- ISDS has implemented an automatic password reset that is now easier to use.
- UVa Marketplace functionality and training
As noted, almost a third of survey respondents held only the PO Shopper responsibility, and almost a third of the comments came from those respondents. ISDS has taken the time to research those comments and has posted FAQs in response. Specifically:
- UVa Marketplace Functionality
- What’s the best way to search for items?
- How do I know whether SciQuest will deliver my purchase order to the supplier, or whether I need to do this?
- How can I deliver my PO to the vendor if SciQuest won’t?
- How can I get a copy of the PO to send manually?
- How can I make changes to an existing PO? Who communicates my changes to the vendor?
- How can I easily add multiple non-catalog items for the same vendor to my cart?
- How can I save favorites, and then, how can I use them once they’re saved?
- Can I save non-catalog items as favorites? If so, how do I update the price when I add them to my cart the next time?
- UVa Marketplace Training
- The Office of Learning and Development has created an online training module called iProcurement and the UVa Marketplace. You may register for this course through the Learner Home page within your UVa Employee Self-Service responsibility. Once you have registered, you will be provided a link that you will use to access the training.
- Procurement Services and ISDS held a pre-Fiscal Administrators meeting session on the Marketplace on September 10 and are committed to holding additional pre-sessions on how to more effectively use the UVa Marketplace.
- UVa Marketplace Functionality
In addition to the progress noted above, click here to review other usability initiatives.