You said...we listened
It is time for the 2010 Integrated System User Survey! Your responses and comments on last year's survey were very helpful and have led to significant improvements in the system (see below). We are looking forward to your responses this year to help guide our efforts toward making the system even better.
Click here to see the results of last year's survey. Last year’s winner of the $50.00 gift card was Edward Miller of the Commerce School.
What you said and what has changed:
- The Grants Accounting (GA) budget submit and baseline process needs to be streamlined/improved/shortened.
Beginning April 26, 2010, users will no longer be required to monitor the budget submit and baseline process. When a budget is submitted, workflow will route the budget to the appropriate approvers. If the budget is approved, baselining will automatically be kicked off. Upon completion of the baseline process an email notification will be sent to appropriate parties. If the budget is rejected, notifications will be sent along with a comment as to why the budget was rejected.
- Reporting comments: Grouping of reports; better documentation/visibility of available reports; better formatting when exporting to Excel; making reporting Mac compatible.
- Taking advantage of the upgrade of the client Discoverer desktop to web Discoverer Plus version, ISDS worked with the FUSS team to consolidate finance reports and group like reports together under titles like analysis, review, reconciliation, etc.
- Each tab or worksheet within a report workbook is now visible in the Plus database directory, along with a description of the report, if available.
- New features available in Discoverer Plus that address survey responses are: formatting will transfer to Excel when Plus reports are exported (if macros are enabled in Excel).
- Discoverer Plus is Mac compatible.
- UVA Marketplace is difficult to use and not intuitive.
- The UVA Marketplace upgrade in July included usability changes to the home page, new search features were added, and modifications were made to “favorites”. Procurement Services published a webinar presentation detailing these changes: UVa Marketplace Webinar Presentation.
- The UVA Market Place link will move on April 19, 2010, to the top of the Home Page menu navigation structure for all PO responsibilities to make it easier to select after log on.
- All “How do I” documents and FAQs were reviewed and updated.
- Password resets are required too frequently and are bothersome
It is a University requirement that passwords be reset every 45 days for security reasons. The password reset process has been made easier, however, by the automatic password reset button available on the IS login page. Just click the "Click HERE to re-set your password." link on the Integrated System login page, enter your UVA computing ID, click submit, and a new, temporary password will be sent to your email address. You will be required to change the temporary password when you log in.