Below are questions and answers pertaining to getting ready for Integrated System finance and human resources responsibilities.TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How will I be notified of my system log-on and passwords?
- Will my Integrated System password expire?
- What if I forget my Integrated System password?
- Why doesn't my Integrated System password work?
- What is a strong password?
- How do I change my Integrated System password?
- Will I be notified when it is time to change my password?
- Why did the system just lock me out?
- The bottom of some of my forms go off the bottom of the screen so that I cannot see the fields and buttons. Can I change this?
- Where can I get assistance in structuring my office and workforce to best utilize the Integrated System?
- Will I see all my responsibilities when I log on to the Integrated System?
- Do I need the AP P-Card Holder responsibility in order to have a P-card?
- How do I sign up for training?
- Is training mandatory?
- Do faculty have to attend training?
- May I take follow-up training?
- Why is the material in my training manual sometimes out-of-date?
will I be notified of my system logon and passwords?
Once you have completed all the requirements for receiving an IS responsibility, you will receive an email from payroll with your user id and a temporary password.
doesn't my Integrated System password work?
One reason might be that you are trying to use your VPN password for your Integrated System log on. The two are not the same unless you have created them the same.
bottom of some of my forms go off the bottom of the
screen so that I cannot see the fields and buttons.
Can I change this?
The recommended display settings for use with the Integrated System are 1024x768 pixels. These settings are the current default for DCI computers, however older systems or systems whose settings have been changed may be set to use 800x600 or another setting.
If a system is set to 800x600, some of the forms in the Integrated System may be partially hidden, with the bottom of the form below the bottom of your screen. If you prefer the larger size of the 800x600, you may need to move some of the forms in order to see the bottom of them. To do so, simply click in the title bar and drag the form up the screen.
If you would prefer the smaller view of 1024x768, or would prefer not to have to move forms that don't fit on the screen, set your display settings to 1024x768. To do so, follow these steps:
- From the Start menu, choose Settings, then Control Panel.
- Double-click on the Display icon.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- In the Display Area or Screen Area box, drag the indicator left or right to change to 1024x768.
- Click the Apply button, then click OK on the warning dialog box.
- Click the OK button on the Display settings dialog box and close the Control Panel window.
Will I see all my responsibilities
when I log on to the Integrated System?
You will see all the responsibilities for which you have been trained.
Do I need the AP P-Card Holder responsibility in order to have a P-card?
No. The only people requiring the AP P-Card Holder responsibility are those who will be authorized to go into the Integrated System to change their own or someone else's itemized charges on the monthly American Express bill from the default PTAEO on the P-card. All individuals with P-cards will continue to receive paper copies of their statements from American Express. They can note changes on those statements and give them to the AP P-Card Holder authorized to make changes for them.
How do I sign up for training?
For training registration information, click here.
Is training mandatory?
Yes, users must receive navigation and application-based training before being granted an Integrated System responsibility and password.
Do faculty have to attend training?
Anyone with an Integrated System responsibility will have to go through formal training, with the exception of two responsibilities: Labor Distribution Effort Report Specialist and people with view only responsibilities. Demonstrations and/or on-line help will provide necessary training for those responsibilities.
May I take follow-up training?
Any user can attend any scheduled training sessions at any time. In addition, drop-in sessions or specialized work-sessions can be scheduled based on demand. If there is a session you would like to see scheduled, contact 434-924-HELP (4357).
Why is the material in my training manual
Training materials are constantly being updated, which means that the printed manuals you receive during classroom training will become outdated. However, the on-line, HowDoI pages are always kept current. Please use the on-line information.