Requesting System Access Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the Enterprise Application Systems?
- When will access be granted?
- How do I login once access is granted?
- Why is the employee's name grayed out in ESHARP?
What are the Enterprise Application Systems?
Click on the circle for system descriptions.
These systems contain sensitive data, so for protection, users must:
- request and be approved to access only the data needed for their jobs
- complete training as appropriate
- connect securely to the data systems using the JointVPN Service and a UVa Identity Token
For complete details, review the Administrative Data Access Policy.
When will access be granted?
Access will be granted when:
- Requests have been approved by all necessary parties in ESHARP.
- Want to know the status of the request? See Step 2 of the 4 Steps to Enterprise Application Systems Access for instructions and whom to contact for assistance.
- Employee has completed training, if required.
- Employee needs to email the trainers when a learning path is completed.
- Employee has picked up a UVa Identity Token, if requested, and signed the acknowledgement form. See Step 4 of the 4 Steps to Enterprise Application Systems Access for details.
- UVa VPN software has been installed on the employee's computer. See Step 4 of the 4 Steps to Enterprise Application Systems Access for details.
NOTE: When all the steps above are finished, it takes one to two business days for the token profile to be updated with the responsibility(s).
How do I login once access is granted?
- Plugs in the UVa Identity Token to the USB port on the computer.
- Connects to JointVPN Service.
- Clicks the appropriate system login button on the Integrated System home page.
- Enters username and password.
Why is the employee's name grayed out in ESHARP?
- Before a first-time request for an employee can be submitted, the employee must log into ESHARP to electronically sign the Electronic Access Agreement(EAA) and/or FERPA forms (if not already signed). If an employee's name is grayed out, it means he/she has not signed one or both of the forms.
NOTE: At this time, only EAA is required for HR/Finance requests, which can be found under HR/Finance in ESHARP. SIS and Document Imaging require both EAA and FERPA forms, which can both be found under SIS and Document Imaging in ESHARP.