SIS Administrative Use: Frequently Asked Questions
Below are questions and answers pertaining to the SIS component of the Integrated System.
- What are the desktop requirements for me to do my work in SIS?
- How do I log onto SIS?
- How do I change my SIS administrative password? What are the rules for passwords for SIS administrative users?
- Why won't one of my SIS pages work after a bundle upgrade?
- What training is required before using SIS?
- What training is required before using Document Imaging (ImageNow)?
- When I am working in SIS, and I forget how to do a process, where do I go for help?
- How do I request an enhancement to SIS?
What are the desktop requirements for me to do my work in SIS?
Desktop requirements are posted on the Desktop Readiness page.
How do I log onto SIS?
- Using your UVa Identity Token, start the Cisco Joint VPN client.
- Go to the SIS Administrative Users web page.
- Click on the Launch SIS Admin icon which takes you to the login for the administrative pages.
- Enter your user login and password.
You may want to bookmark this site for easy access.
How do I change my SIS administrative password? What are the rules for passwords for SIS administrative users?
You will receive your initial password when you get notice of being assigned your SIS responsibility. You will be required to change this initial password; going forward, you will also be required to change your password on an annual basis (effective March 2015).
The password will need to be changed through the SIS administrative site. You cannot change this password using Self Service. If you wish to change your password before the annual change date, log into the SIS and click on Change My Password in the Menu. If you have forgotten your password and cannot log in, call the UVa Help Desk.
The new password should be a strong password; these are our recommendations for strong passwords.
Why won't one of my SIS pages work after a bundle upgrade?
If you have customized a page and a bundle upgrade impacts that page, you will have to restore your customization.
When I am working in SIS, and I forget how to do a process, where do I go
- Click the Help link located at the top right of the page.
- Click the UPK link (the UPK outline displays).
- Locate the topic.
- Highlight the topic and click Do It, located at the top right of the page (the Do It window floats over the right side of the page you are working on).
- Click the arrow within to move through each step.
How do I request an enhancement to the SIS?
All requests (this form is for schools and departments) for changes or enhancements to the SIS are reviewed and prioritized by members of the SIS Advisory Board.