Four Steps to Enterprise Applications Systems Access
UVa employees and their supervisors: Follow the steps below to gain access to Enterprise Applications systems (HR/Finance, Student Information System, Document Imaging System [ImageNow]).TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Step 1 - Choose Responsibilities
- Step 2 - Request Responsibilities
- Step 3 - Complete Training
- Step 4 - Prepare Computer for Access
Step 1: Choose Responsibilities
The supervisor and employee determine what system access the employee needs to do his or her job and what responsibility(s) to request.
Review the toolkits below for lists of system responsibilities and descriptions (choose the responsibility(s) that most closely align with the employee's job duties).
Contact the appropriate personnel familiar with the responsibilities for assistance:
Step 2: Request Responsibilities
The supervisor, employee, or departmental data access approver submits the request for system responsibility(s) via ESHARP.
Step 3: Complete Training
- Before enrolling, find out the names of the Learning Path the employee needs to complete. Use the toolkits in Step 1 to search for each responsibility requested in Step 2, and view the appropriate "Responsibilities and Training" toolkit table.
- To ensure successful completion of a Learning Path for a responsibility, the employee should print and follow the Instructions for Completing a Learning Path.
- Contact the system trainers for questions regarding training.
Step 4: Prepare Computer for Access
The LSP or the employee (if there is not a departmental computer support person) prepares the employee's computer for access:
- Request and pick up a UVa Identity Token.
- Install the UVa Identity Token software by following the Installation Instructions.
- Install UVa VPN software after getting the UVa Identity Token. When you go to the website, select the JointVPN service.
- Verify the software on the computer is compatible with the Enterprise Applications systems.
- If required (many HR/Finance responsibilities and Discoverer), set up Java/JRE on employee's computer (if you need assistance, contact the departmental LSP or UVa Help Desk).
- For questions, contact the departmental LSP or the UVa Help Desk at 434-924-HELP(4357).