Enterprise Applications Desktop Requirements
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Enterprise Applications-supported operating systems and web browser matrix
- MacIntosh recommendations
- SIS-specific recommendations
- For Safari (under the Safari menu option):
Under "Preferences > Security > Web Content":
- Do not select: "Block Pop-Up Windows"
- Under "Preferences > Advanced": select "Press Tab" to highlight each item on a webpage
- Under "Preferences > Security > Web Content":
- For the Java Plug-in:
- Starting with OSX 10.7, Java is not included by default. Java must be enabled. Some version of OSX require it to be downloaded and installed.
- On the "General" tab in "Finder > Applications > Utilities > Java > Java Preferences": Click on "Settings", then "View Applets", and ensure that the "Enable Caching" tick box is selected.
Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 is certified with Mozilla Firefox ESR 17+ and Safari 6+.
No Discoverer Desktop client access (however, other SQL client tools can be used)
Cisco VPN Client for Mac. ITS Software Central: http://www.itc.virginia.edu/central/
Administrative users should obtain a UVa Identity token
- UVa Identity Tokens should be requested by an LSP or desktop support person. Please be sure to select the "Student System—Standard and/or Student System ImageNow" option during the request process.
- Access to SIS via the UVa Identity Token will be granted as soon as a access is granted through ESHARP.
- Managing popup blockers: SIS is a browser-based system. Your selection of Internet browser and popup blocker configurations can affect your ability to access system functionality. See recommendations on how to turn off or modify popup blockers.
- All users should clear cache: Anytime there is maintenance to the system or if you get an error message, clear your Internet browser cache before requesting support. See instructions.