Four Steps to Enterprise Applications Systems Access for Non-UVa Employees (Medical Center, Students, Foundation, ROTC)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Step 1 - Choose Responsibilities
- Step 2 - Request Responsibilities
- Step 3 - Complete Training
- Step 4 - Prepare Computer for Access
Step 1: Choose Responsibilities
The supervisor and employee determine what system access the employee needs to do his or her job and what responsibility(s) to request.
Review the toolkits below for lists of system responsibilities and descriptions (choose the responsibility(s) that most closely align with the employee's job duties).
Step 2: Request Responsibilities
- Make sure the employee has NetBadge access with computing ID and password
- Make sure the employee and the employee's supervisor have registered UVa email addresses. Visit the ITS accounts website for help.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Home address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- UVa Organization Code (22065 for Medical Center; 22066 for UPG; 31035 for Air Force ROTC; 31040 for Army ROTC; 31045 for Naval ROTC)
- Supervisor's name
- Confirm that the steps 1 through 3 are complete, then log into ESHARP to create the request.
- The employee may need to sign the Electronic Access Agreement (EAA) and/or FERPA agreement from their ESHARP home page before the request can be started.
- ESHARP URL: http://www.its.virginia.edu/esharp. This site also contains information about ESHARP, including online training modules on how to use the system.
Step 3: Complete Training
The employee enrolls in and completes training for the requested responsibility(s).
- Before enrolling, find out the names of the Learning Path the employee needs to complete. Use the toolkits in Step 1 to search for each responsibility requested in Step 2, and view the appropriate "Responsibilities and Training" toolkit table.
- Log into UVa HR/Finance Self-Service to enroll in training. NOTE: If you do not have access to Employee Self Service, request "Non UVA Employee Self Service" in ESHARP.
- To ensure successful completion of a Learning Path for a responsibility, the employee should print and follow the Instructions for Completing a Learning Path.
- Contact the system trainers:
- when the learning path for a responsibility has been completed, or
- for questions regarding training.
Step 4: Prepare Computer for Access
The LSP or the employee (if there is not a departmental computer support person) prepares the employee's computer for access:
- Request and pick up a UVa
- Install UVa VPN software after getting the UVa Identity Token. When you go to the website, select the JointVPN service.
- Verify the software on the computer is compatible with the Enterprise Applications systems (Integrated System HR/Finance, Student Information System, Document Imaging System (ImageNow)).
- If required (many HR/Finance responsibilities and Discoverer), set up Java/JRE on employee's computer (if you need assistance, contact departmental LSP or UVa Help Desk).
- For questions, contact the departmental LSP or the UVa Help Desk at 434-924-HELP(4357) or 4HELP@virginia.edu.