Running UVA Concurrent Requests Report
UVA Request Logs
The UVA Technical Lead is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N > Submit a New Request
Run the UVA Concurrent Requests Report every morning. The report must be run once for 'Request Status' value; 'Warning,' 'Error,' 'Running.' Email the reports to email@example.com no later than 8:00 AM.
Find the Report
1. Login to Oracle with the UVA Request Logs responsibility.
2. Click the 'Submit a New Request' button.
3. Choose 'Single Request' and click 'OK.'
4. Select UVA Concurrent Requests Report.
5. Scroll down several screens. Find and select 'UVA Concurrent Requests Report.'
6. Enter the values in the required parameter fields and click 'OK.'
IMPORTANT! Run the report once for each 'Request Status' below (three reports):
Note: Your parameter values are now concatenated and displayed in the Parameters field.
7. Click the 'Schedule' button and select 'As Soon as Possible' if you want the report to run immediately.
8. Click the 'Completion Options' button if you need to choose a printer.
Note: Though Oracle will require you to have a printer selected this will not automatically print the report.
Submit the Request
9. Click the 'Submit Request' button.
10. Click the 'Refresh Data' button to monitor the phase and status of the report.
Note: The 'Phase' and 'Status' fields will not change dynamically as the request is processed. You must click 'Refresh Data' to determine whether or not the report is complete.
11. When the Phase field shows "Completed," Click the 'View Output' button.
Note: The report is displayed in a new browser window as a PDF file.
Save the Report as a PDF File
12. Click the Acrobat 'Save' icon at the far left, near the top of the screen (above the 'hand' icon; left of the Printer icon). Do not use File ->Save As at the top left of the browser screen.
13. Navigate to your Desktop from the 'Save as Copy...' window (or any other folder where you want to save the current morning's report).
TIMESAVER: Repeat steps 1 - 12 for all three versions of the report (Warning, Error, Running) and save them to the Desktop before you continue to Step 13 (emailing all the reports).
Email the Reports
14. Prepare the note for sending:
15. Attach the completed reports
16. Send the email note with the attached reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revision: 1 08/23/2004
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.