Choosing a Responsibility & Setting Favorites
The Training Manager is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Each user has at least one responsibility and many users can share the same responsibility. Your Supervisor and Data Security Contact can assign you any of the standard responsibilities provided with IS Applications by submitting the IS System Access Form.
Regardless of your responsibility assignment, the first screen you will see after logging on is the E-Business Suite Home.
IS Applications Home Page
Enter Circle ® ® System News ®
Launch Pad ® Log in ID & Password ® B ® Connect
E-Business Suite Home
All of your active IS responsibilities are listed in the left column under [Applications].
Choose a Responsibility
1. Highlight the Responsibility title in the left column of the E-Business Suite Home window.
The forms for that responsibility will appear in the second column with the Responsibility title as the header.
2. Double click a form title located in the center column.
When you close a form in IS, you will return to the Navigator, not to the E-Business Suite Home.
Edit your Favorites
From the E-Business Suite Home you can create convenient, direct links to your most frequently used forms and web pages.
3. Select [Edit Favorites] in the upper right section of the E-Business Suite Home.
4. The Customize Favorites Portlet window appears.
5. Use the Responsibility dropdown arrow to select a responsibility.
The example below shows UVA HRMS Specialist as the Responsibility selection.
The [Available to Select] panel shows titles of forms available to the UVA HRMS Viewer Responsibility.
The [Selected to Display] panel shows the forms already selected as favorites.
6. Add a form title to the [Selected to Display] panel list by highlighting a form title and clicking [> Move].
You can remove a form title from the selection by clicking [< Remove].
[>>Move All] and [<<Remove All] are also options.
The up and down arrows on the right edge of the Selected to Display panel allow you to change the order of the forms.
7. After editing your favorites, scroll down and click [Apply] located on the lower right of the window..
Your E-Business Suite Home will reappear. The [Favorites] on the right are those chosen in the Customize Favorites Portlet.
8. To open a form double click its title.
NOTE: Even if the form you want to open is not one you selected as a Favorite, you can open it by selecting the Responsibility under [Applications] and the form name in the center column.
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.