Gaining Access a Secure System
Connecting to the Oracle VPN
Logging Onto and Off of IS Applications
The Training Manager is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Gaining access to IS Applications at UVA
Access to the Integrated System is restricted to assure data security.
A link to Getting Started is on the Integrated System (IS) home page.
Access to IS is granted when the following requirements are met:
When the Registrar for the Organization Learning and Development division of HR receives the completed IS Access form she will send you email with an initial password and a list of your responsibilities.
If you have not received an email similar to the example that follows here, it usually means that the IS Access Form has not been received by the registrar.
Example: Email Notification of IS Responsibility Assignment
You are receiving this email because your supervisor and Data Security Contact have requested that you be assigned access to the Integrated System.
Before a responsibility or access can be activated in the Integrated System, there are a number of requirements which must be completed. These requirements and how to complete them are detailed for you on the web page below.
1. Select this link or enter the address into your web browser: http://www.web.virginia.edu/DOTWeb/monger3/admin.cfm
2. Enter your user name. Your user name is your computing id (the first part of your registered email address before the "@virginia.edu").
3. Select the Continue button.
4. Review the information provided and follow the directions provided.
The page is updated daily so please use this to check on the status of your requirements completion. When all requirements have been completed, you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about your Integrated System responsibility, please contact your supervisor. If you have any questions about your requirements, please contact the Office of Learning and Development, Training Administration Unit.
Training Administration Unit University Human Resource Employee Development email@example.com (p)434-243-4847 ext.2 (fax)434-243-7786
Entering your user name and clicking [Continue] the following page appears with your own information.
You will receive another email notifying you when your responsibilities are activated.
You are receiving this email because you have completed the requirements for the following Integrated System responsibilities:
* These responsibilities are now active. Follow the directions below to access the Integrated System:
1. Start VPN.
2. Go to: http://www.virginia.edu/integratedsystem/.
3. Select the Enter Integrated System Applications Here button.
4. Read then close the Integrated System News page.
5. Select the Go button to the right of the Production and Self Service drop-down list box.
6. Enter your Username , this is your computing id (the first part of your email address before the "@virginia.edu").
7. Enter your Password (it is the same as that used for Integrated System Self-Service or your other Integrated System responsibilities). If you have not previously logged in or you have just had your password reset, you will be directed to change your password. If you do not know your password, contact the UVA Help Desk at 434-924-help or 434-924-4357 and request a password reset. You will contacted by a data security administrator to verify your request and to perform the reset.
NOTE: If you have not logged on to Integrated System Self Service, or this is your first integrated System responsibility, you have two business days to access the Integrated System and change your password. If you do not log on within two days, your Integrated System account will be deactivated. You will have to call the ITC helpdesk to reset your password.
If you have any questions or need assistance in getting started with this new responsibility, please contact your supervisor.
Training Administrator Employee Development
firstname.lastname@example.org (p)434-243-4847, (fax)434-243-7786
To understand how your access to the IS is assigned follow the steps below.
1. Navigate Getting Started page on the Integrated System website
2. Select [Getting Started].
Determine which classes to attend
3. Select the link to IS Responsibility Descriptions.
The table below appears at the bottom of the IS Responsibilities page.
4. Select the link for the Business Area where your responsibilities are.
If one of your responsibilities lies within the Purchasing business area, point to that link and the following dropdown appears:
5. Select your responsibility from the list. If you select PO Purchaser the following description of your authorized access and training requirements will appear.
6. Select the link to the class you are interested in and class details, schedule and registration information will appear. Details on PO1 are shown in the example that follows:
7. Sign up for the required classes.
8. Make sure your computer is prepared.
Revision: 6 wss
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.