The Director of Accounting Services is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary and that it reflects actual practice.
N ® Inquiry ® Account
Note: Log in as any responsibility EXCEPT for GL Specialist. Departmental users of GL will log in as GL VIEWER.
1. On the Navigator window click Tools and uncheck Close other Forms.
2. Open Inquiry, Account.
3. The 'Account Inquiry' screen will open with the current accounting period shown by default in the 'From' and 'To' fields.
4. Enter the 'From' and 'To' dates that describe the period of time you want to search.
Click in the 'From' field then enter the GL period (Mmm-YY) you are looking for or click the LOV indicator to select from the list.
5. Click in the 'Accounts' block.
6. In the 'Find Accounts' window you will select from LOVs or key in the Chart of Accounts values you want to use as criteria for your search.
You can use more than one value to help narrow your search to the specific accounts you want to examine.
7. Click 'OK.'
The 'Account Inquiry' screen now displays the account listed for Org value 20020 (IT-ITS Enterprise Application Support).
When your search for a range of account criteria you can use the scroll bar at the far right to view them all. In this example only one account is shown.
8. Click [Show Balances] to see the following information:
9. Click [Journal Details] to see the following information:
10. Click [Drilldown] to view the Journal Entry Lines.
In this case there are 2 distribution lines.
11. Click [Show Transaction] to see the following information:
Note: You can explore the Accounts Payable information including the Distribution, payments, etc.
Here are the distributions.
12. Click [Window] to return to an open window.
13. Return to the Journals window to drilldown to other transactions in the list.
Or click Account Inquiry to review the journal entries for the other accounting periods queried.
Director of Accounting Services
GL Accounting Manager
Revision: 4 2012
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2010, Oracle & University of Virginia. All rights reserved.