Chart of Accounts Hierarchies - Add New Parent
Director of Accounting Services
GL Accounting Manager
The Director of Accounting Services is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® Setup ® Financials ® FlexFields ® Validation ® Values
Find Value Set
1. Navigate to the 'Find Value Set' screen and, for this example, key the criteria for UVA_FUND_SOURCE.
Add New Parent Value
2. Select the value '100A' and click the [Add Value] icon (green Plus sign) at the top left on the Toolbar.
3. A blank row opens below the selected value. Key the information for the 'Value' and 'Description' fields using the naming conventions described in GL Key Flexfields Parent Naming Conventions.
Note: This example creates a new parent called 101M NEW PARENT - DEMO only to demonstrate the software functionality.
Note: The 'Enabled' check box is selected by default.
Effective Date - Optional
4. Tab to the 'From' field if you want to select effective dates for use of the new parent value. Click the LOV icon or press [Ctrl-L] to select the 'From' date.
5. Tab to the 'To' field and select a date from the LOV. The completed effective date for the new value will appear as shown in the preceding screen shot.
Complete Hierarchy Qualifiers
6. Click the 'Values, Hierarchy, Qualifiers' tab. You can also use the Tab key to move from the ‘Value, Effective’ tab to the ‘Values, Hierarchy, Qualifiers’ tab.
7. Tab to the 'Group' and 'Level' fields and key in the appropriate values.
8. Tab to the 'Qualifiers' field. The 'Segment Qualifiers' screen pops up and offers 'Yes/No' choices for budgeting and posting. Budgeting and Posting is not allowed on GL Parents at this time. Select ‘No’ for each; click [OK].
9. The 'Flexfield Segment Values' screen pops up automatically after clicking [OK] in the previous step. Choose the appropriate 'State Fund Source' value from the LOV. Key the requestor's name and date of the request; then key a reason for the change. Click [OK].
Note: The Flexfield Segment Values screen and the subsequent 'compile' process create the audit trail of the GL parent activity. It is important to follow the information convention described in Step 9 to insure the collection of useful audit information.
10. Save your work.
Compile New Parent Information
11. You must close the 'Segment Values' screen to permit IS to compile the information for the new parent value. A dialog box will appear to confirm your intention to save the changes. Click [Yes] to see the confirmation of 'Transaction Complete.' Click [OK].
Revision: 3 mr
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.