Chart of Accounts Hierarchies - Assign Existing Child to New Parent
Director of Accounting Services
GL Accounting Manager
The Director of Accounting Services is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® Setup ® Financials ® FlexFields ® Validation ® Values
Find Value Set
1. Navigate to the 'Find Value Set' screen and, for this example, key the criteria for UVA_FUND_SOURCE.
2. Find the new parent value to which you want to assign existing child ranges or values (in this example use 101M). Click [Define Child Ranges].
3. In the child ranges window select the 'From' and 'To' values from the LOV. If you already know the valid values you want to use you may key them in the fields.
Note: Selecting or keying the same value in both fields will assign only that child value to the parent.
4. The 'Include' field is a drop-down list from which you must select 'Child Values Only' or 'Parent Values Only.' In this example we must select 'Child Values Only' to make the desired child range appear with the new parent, 101M.
5. Click [File] then [Save]. Close the 'Child Ranges' screen. You will be taken back to the 'Segment Values' screen.
6. In the 'Segment Values' screen click the [View Hierarchies] button to see the new child range added to the new parent, 101M.
7. Close the 'Value Hierarchy' screen.
8. Close ‘Segment Values’ screen.
Revision: 3 mr
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.