Chart of Accounts Hierarchies - Remove Existing Child from Parent
Director of Accounting Services
GL Accounting Manager
The Director of Accounting Services is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® Setup ® Financials ® FlexFields ® Validation ® Values
Find Value Set
1. Navigate to the 'Find Value Set' screen and, for this example, key the criteria for UVA_FUND_SOURCE.
2. Find the parent value from which you want to remove existing child ranges/values (in this example use 101M). Click the 'Define Child Ranges' button.
3. Select the child range or value you want to delete. Note that the 'Delete' icon on the Toolbar is now active ('X' icon color changes to red).
4. Click the [Delete] icon.
5. Click [Save].
Note: This only removes the child value or range from its assignment to the parent. It DOES NOT delete the child value or range from the LOV.
6. Close and use 'View Hierarchies' to see the results.
7. Close the 'View Hierarchies' screen.
8. Close the ‘Segment Values’ screen.
Revision: 3 mr
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.