Journals - Import
Director of Accounting Services
GL Accounting Manager
The Director of Accounting Services is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® Journals ® Import ® Run
Source and Group ID
1. Enter Source and specify Group ID if the ID was entered when IS subledgers populate the GL_INTERFACE table. Use the list of values to determine if the Group ID was entered. All modules use ‘Group ID’ except Payroll.
2. Run Journal Import in parallel for several sources, with each request corresponding to a unique Group ID.
3. General Ledger names the created batch <Optional User-Entered Reference> <Source> <Request ID> <Actual Flag> <Group ID>.
4. Post Errors to Suspense – do not select.
Note: If suspense posting is enabled for this Set of Books, selecting “Post Errors to Suspense” will allow the Journal Import to post entries with invalid account combinations to a predefined suspense account.
5. Create Summary Journals – do not select.
Note: For imports from IS modules, the option to summarize journals is set in the individual modules. For imports from non-Integrated Systems, journals are not summarized.
Specify a Date Range
6. Enter a date range to import only journals within the selected range. If you do not specify a date range, General Ledger imports all journals in the interface table for the selected source/group ID combination.
Import Descriptive Flexfields
7. Click [No].
Note: Because UVA has chosen to import transactions as Summary Journals, descriptive flexfields in other modules cannot be imported.
8. Click the [Import] button.
Revision: 4 mr
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.