Mass Allocation - Generating MassAllocation Journals
Director of Accounting Services
GL Accounting Manager
The Director of Accounting Services is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® Journals®Generate ® Allocation
Generate MassAllocation Journals
1. Select the MassAllocation Batch Name
2. Select the Period.
3. Select the date for the journal.
4. Select the date for the calculation.
Note: If the calculation should include all days in the current month, you must change this date to the last calendar day of the month.
5. Select the ‘Allocation Method’ – usually ‘Full.’ You can select ‘Full’ to run allocations a single time or ‘Incremental’ to reallocate an adjusted cost pool without reversing the posted journal batches created by the previous MassAllocation journal entry.
6. Generate journals. General Ledger names the MassAllocation batch MA: <Request ID> <Batch Name> <Period>.
Reviewing Mass Allocation Journals
1. General Ledger automatically generates the MassAllocations/ MassBudgeting Execution Report. You can view this to identify any errors that may have occurred.
2. Review the resulting journals from the Journals Enter screen.
Posting Mass Allocation Journals
1. You can post MassAllocation journal batches using the Post Journals or the Enter Journals window.
2. After posting, review the results by querying on projects or object codes.
Note: You can generate MassAllocation journal entries multiple times, provided there is no activity against detail accounts between runs.
Revision: 3 MR
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.