GL Budget - Defining
Director of Accounting Services
UVA GL Budget Specialist
The Director of the University Budget is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, that it reflects actual practice, and that it supports university policy.
N ® Budgets ® Define ® Budget
Define a Budget
1. Open the Define Budget window and enter a Name and Description.
Note: UVA will define one budget per each fiscal year.
2. Enter the status of your budget.
3. Select Require Budget Journals to maintain an audit trail.
Note: Because UVA enabled the Require Budget Journals flag for this set of books; this option will already be selected and cannot be changed.
4. Enter the First period of your budget. Once saved, you cannot change it.
5. Enter the Last period for your budget. You can have up to 60 periods.
6. Save your work.
7. Skip the Master Budget field.
8. Select the Open Next Year button.
9. The system will ask you if you would like to open the next budget year. Click yes.
10. System will kick off a concurrent process to open the next year. The next time you query this budget, you should see that the Latest Open Year field and the Dates Created field are populated.
Revision: 2 mr
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.