GL Budget - Define Account Ranges
Director of Accounting Services
UVA GL Budget Specialist
The Director of the University Budget is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, that it reflects actual practice, and that it supports university policy.
N ® Budgets ® Define ® Organizations
B ® Ranges
How to Assign Account Ranges to a Budget Organization
1. Open the Define Budget Organization window and query the budget organization.
2. Select Ranges.
3. Enter a Line number and an account Low and High for each range you want to assign. The ranges cannot overlap other account ranges with the same currency for any budget organization in that set of books.
Note: UVA has elected to budget revenues and transfers in the GL. All expenses and recoveries are budgeted in the Grants Management application.
4. Select the 'Entered' or 'Calculated' budget entry Type for this range.
5. Enter the Currency for each account range. If you selected 'Entered' in step 4, you can enter any enabled currency. If you selected 'Calculated,' you must enter the functional currency for your set of books or STAT.
6. Save your work. The system will initiate a concurrent process that identifies all the GL strings that fall within the identified ranges. Wait for this concurrent process to finish before making any changes to the range assignments.
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.