Budget - Transferring a Budget Amount
Director of Accounting Services
UVA GL Budget Specialist
The Director of the University Budget is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, that it reflects actual practice, and that it supports university policy.
N ® Budgets ® Enter ® Transfer
How to Transfer Budget Amounts
1. Open the Budget Transfer window and enter the Budget. You must choose an open or current budget.
2. Optionally enter a Batch Name to identify the resulting transfer journal. You should use the standard format of Organization Prefix and computing ID (i.e. MB-TS6B)
3. Enter the Currency for the amounts you want to transfer.
4. Enter the Budget Organization From and the Account From. This account must be assigned to the budget organization for this currency.
5. Enter the Budget Organization To. It can be the same as your From Budget Organization.
6. Enter the Account To. You can only choose accounts that are denominated in the currency specified, and assigned to the budget organization specified.
7. Select Transfer Amounts and specify the fixed amounts or percentages of account balances you want to transfer. See next page for further instruction.
8. Reserve Funds.
9. Save your work. Program - Create Journals will be automatically run when you close the window.
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.