GL Budget - Transferring Budget Amounts
Director of Accounting Services
UVA GL Budget Specialist
The Director of the University Budget is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, that it reflects actual practice, and that it supports university policy.
N ® Budgets ® Enter ® Transfer
B ® Transfer Amounts
1. Open the Budget Transfer window and enter the Budget, Currency, Budget Organizations, and Accounts for the budget transfer.
2. Select Transfer Amounts.
3. Enter the Period to transfer budget amounts. The period must be in an open budget year. General Ledger automatically displays the Old Balances for the accounts.
4. Select Show YTD Balances if you want to see year-to-date balances instead of period-to-date balances.
5. Enter a Percent or a Fixed Amount to transfer between accounts. General Ledger automatically calculates and displays the New Balances for the account combinations from and to which you are transferring.
6. Enter another transfer line to transfer a percentage amount.
7. Save your work.
Hint: To transfer amounts for a range of periods, select Transfer by Period Range and enter the range of periods.
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.