Discoverer Plus - Queries - Opening a Pre-Defined Report
The ISDS System Usability Director is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Certain Pre-Defined Reports are required for monthly financial reviews.
Refer to Monthly Expenditure Review of Project/Award Activity for guidance on reviewing your project/award activity.
Several key points contained in the procedure are summarized below:
B ® Open an Existing Workbook
1. Open a report from your recently used list or click Browse.
2. Select the Pre-Defined Report you want to run.
Note the fields at the top of the window:
3. Click the plus sign beside the workbook name to see the list of worksheets it contains.
4. Select the workbook or the worksheet that you want and click [Open].
5. Click [Yes]. The report will run or the Parameter Wizard will appear.
NOTE: Click [No] if you want to modify the report before running it.
The report will then open with no results.
You can review the selected and available items, modify the worksheet, or change worksheet tabs.
Notes on the Edit Parameter Values window
NOTE: The Parameter wizard defines the selection criteria for producing the results set. These parameters may be modified and new parameters can be defined.
Click the flashlight icon to search for the value you want – or key the value in manually.
NOTE: The report might allow multiple values or a single value for a given report.
6. Click [OK].
7. Click [OK] on the Edit Parameter Values window to run the report.
Some reports are longer than the default setting of 10,000 rows.
8. Click Tools, and note whether [Retrieve All Rows] is bold or grayed out.
If bold, click it.
Check Default Settings
1. Check your default settings by clicking Tools, Options:
2. Change your options as needed for each tab in the Options window.
3. Select [OK]
4. Refresh the report by selecting the refresh icon on the toolbar.
5. You can open one Workbook per browser session (IE or Safari).
6. You can open all the worksheets included in that workbook by clicking on any tab at the bottom of the workbook.
7. Close reports by clicking File, [Close].
8. When you close the report you have the following Decision to make:
9. Save if you have made changes to a predefined report.
The parameters and options you selected will be preserved in the saved version but the report will have to run again to retrieve the data.
10. To save the data either export to excel or print the worksheet.
11. Exit Discoverer Plus by clicking Exit or the red X in the upper right corner of the window.
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.