Discoverer Plus - Workbooks - Modifying Pre-defined Workbooks
The ISDS System Usability Director is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
After opening a Pre-Defined Workbook you can Modify it to meet your needs. This example shows the GA Project Reconciliation workbook, Expenditure Details by Project worksheet.
This report requires that you select one or more values.
Do not use the parameters selected below, instead, select the past period and your own project.
In this example, the Organization has seven projects.
1. Select the drop-down box of the Page Number field when it is in the first position on the Page Items line.
2. To see data for all seven projects at once in the spreadsheet, drag the Project Number and Project Name off the Page Items line.
Discoverer will allow you to Sort by any of the columns. The following example shows sorting by the award number.
3. Select [Tools, Sort] from the Menu bar.
4. Select [Add].
Click the down arrow on the added item, or on any item in the Column and you will see a list of all the columns in the report.
5. To select the criteria that you want to sort by, select the item.
6. Select [Move Up] repeatedly until the criteria you want to sort by is in the first position.
7. Group Sort causes the item to be listed only once.
8. Select [OK] to run the sort. In this example the sort is by project number first and award number second.
9. Select [Format] to define the appearance of the result.
The data display below shows expenditures by Award. Group Sort caused the Award number to print out once.
Formatting the Sheet
Data is easier to analyze if it all shows on the screen without scrolling right and left. You can format the data in a column or in a header to wrap text (similar to Excel).
10. Left click in the column header to select the column. Right click to bring up the formatting options.
In this example the user is formatting the data. Note that formatting the heading is a separate action.
Formatting the Sheet
11. Select [Wrap Text].
This feature enables you to produce a version for printing that is compact enough to print all columns on one page.
Some columns are redundant. You can delete them from your report.
12. Right click in the header for the column you want to delete.
13. Select [Delete] to remove the column from your report.
Adding Grid Lines
14. Select [Edit \Worksheet Properties].
In this example the user has chosen to add gridlines in blue and to show row numbers.
Here is how that looks:
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.