Discoverer Plus - Workbooks - Managing Worksheets & Workbooks
The Administrator Operational Data Store (ODS) is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, that it reflects actual practice, and that it supports University policy.
Workbooks contain one or more worksheets. Worksheets display the results of your queries.
When you modify a query, the same worksheet displays the new data unless you specifically request a new worksheet.
Create a default worksheet title.
1. Select [Tools, Options, Formats, Title].
2. Select [OK].
3. Run a query.
4. Select [Edit, Title]
5. Select [Insert, Sheet Name]. This will insert the default title you created.
6. Select [Edit, Title].
You can change the default title as you wish here.
Renaming a Worksheet
Discoverer provides a default name for each new worksheet. To rename a worksheet, use one of the following methods:
7. From the menu, select [Edit, Rename Worksheet] or [Edit, Worksheet Properties].
8. Enter the new name in the dialog box.
9. Double-click the tab for the worksheet and enter the new name.
Deleting, Adding, & Duplicating Worksheets
10. Select the worksheet to be deleted and from the menu, select [Edit, Delete Worksheet].
You cannot delete a worksheet in a workbook if it is the only worksheet.
11. Select the icon for [Add Worksheet]
12. Select the icon for [Refresh the worksheet] if you want to query using different parameters.
Duplicating a Worksheet
You can duplicate a worksheet as the same or a different output type. The duplicated worksheet appears as a new worksheet in the workbook. To duplicate a worksheet, follow these steps:
13. Select the worksheet to duplicate.
14. Click the Add Worksheet area arrow. Select Duplicate as Table or Duplicate as
Crosstab. Alternatively, from the menu select [Edit, Duplicate Worksheet].
15. The wizard opens in a tabbed format so that you can modify the new layout.
Refreshing a Worksheet
16. Click the Refresh button on the toolbar to rerun the query for the current worksheet.
Saving a Workbook
Discoverer saves the query and the formatting, but not the results of the query.
17. Select [File, Save] to save the workbook.
Workbooks are saved in the database, so you can access your workbooks from any computer where you can run Discoverer.
Note: If you are saving a workbook that was originally created by someone else, you will get a message that says: “Workbook “workbook name” already exists. Do you want to overwrite it?
Opening Saved Workbooks
18. Select [File, Open]. The Open Workbook dialog box is displayed.
19. Select the View or User Tree or search by partial name.
20. Select a workbook and then click [Open].
Note: When you first logon to Discoverer, you can select to open a workbook from the most recently used workbook list. The workbook opens with the last worksheet active when the workbook was saved, and a dialog box prompts you for permission to execute the worksheet or to open the worksheet without executing the query. (To modify the query before executing it, click [No].)
Rearranging Worksheets in a Workbook
21. Right click on the Worksheet tab, and select [Move Worksheets] or, from the menu, click [Edit, Move Worksheet].
Change the order of the worksheets (using the Up & Down arrows) in the Move Worksheet dialogue screen.
Modify File Properties
22. From the menu select [File, Workbook Properties].
The properties include the owner and location of the saved workbook.
23. To include a description of the workbook enter it in the Description field and then click [OK].
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.