Capitalizing - Generating Asset Lines
Director of Fixed Assets Accounting
FA Plant Funds Manager
Capitalizing - Defining Capital Assets in Grants Management
Capitalizing - Quick Addition for Adding a Parent Capital Project Asset
Capitalizing - Reversing Capital Assets
Capitalizing - Setting Capital Project for Common Tasks
The Director of Fixed Assets Accounting is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Find Capital Projects
REMINDER: Though you are logged in as UVA FA Plant Funds Manager, you have menu choices under ‘Capital Projects’ that give you access to screens in Grants Management. The steps you complete below are accomplished in the Grants Management module.
N ® Capital Projects
Find Capital Projects
Generate from Grants Management
1. Find the Capital Project
2. Click the [Generate] button
IMPORTANT! Be sure the check box 'Include Common Tasks' is checked.
Note: Click 'View > Requests' to see the progress of the request.
3. Record date placed in service if it does not default in and select common tasks. Click [OK] when completed to submit the Generate Asset Lines process. This process automatically runs the Generate Asset Lines Report (Note that the Asset Assignment in the Project Set up should be marked with common tasks.)
Note: Only expenditures with a PA Date before the PA Through Date will be selected for generating lines. The PA Date can be the current month and date.
Assigning Asset Lines
4. Click the [Lines] button.
5. If the amount of the asset line is to be split between two asset categories, click the [Split] button.
6. Click [...] in the Asset Name field and select the asset name that will be assigned to the asset line. Record the amount or percent for each line.
7. Click the [OK] button when you have completed assigning the costs for that asset line.
8. Save your work and close the form. The assigned lines are ready to be sent to Fixed Assets.
Sending Lines to Fixed Assets
N ® Other ® Requests ® Run
1. Select PRC: Interface Assets process in the "Submit Requests" window.
2. Enter the project or project range and the in-service date up to which you want to process capitalized costs.
3. Click [Submit] to start the process and run the Interface Assets Report.
Revision: 3 mr
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.