Retire - Partial Retirement
Director of Fixed Assets Accounting
The Director of Fixed Assets Accounting is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® Assets ® Asset Workbench
B ® Retirements
Partially Retire an Asset
1. In the 'Find Assets' window, select the asset that you want to retire.
2. Click [Retirements].
3. In the Retirements window, select UVA FA BOOK from the LOV in the 'Book' field.
4. Enter a retirement date that falls within the current fiscal year.
5. Enter the number of units or cost that you want to retire. If you are retiring an asset before it is fully reserved, enter the retirement convention.
6. Enter the retirement type.
7. Click [Continue] to retire units in the Assignments window. The 'Units to Assign' field is negative because you are retiring units.
8. Click [Done] to save the transaction and return to the Retirements window.
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.