Capitalizing - Adding Invoice Lines to Fabricated Assets
Director of Fixed Assets Accounting
FA Plant Funds Manager
The Director of Fixed Assets Accounting is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, that it reflects actual practice, and that it supports corporate policy.
Add to Asset
N ® Mass Additions ® Prepare Mass Additions
B ® Add to Asset
Add to Asset
You add a mass addition line or a new invoice line to a CIP asset as a cost adjustment.
1. Find the mass addition(s) for this transaction in the Find Mass Additions window.
2. Select the mass addition line that you want to add to an existing asset.
3. Click the [Add to Asset] button.
4. Find and select the existing asset to which you want to add the mass addition lines.
Note: You can use criteria from any of the other tabs at the top of the screen to find the desired asset.
5. Select the New Category and Description check box to change the category and description of the existing asset to match those of the mass addition.
6. Click [Done] to save your work.
7. Click [Open], and change the queue name to POST in the Mass Additions window. IS Assets changes the queue to COST ADJUSTMENT to differentiate new assets from cost adjustments.
8. Go to the 'Asset, Depreciation,' tab and change 'Asset Type' to 'CIP.'
Note: Not needed if asset is a CIP type asset.
9. Save your work.
Note: Use this process for adding mass addition lines to capitalized assets.
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.