Assets - Transferring Costs Between Asset Lines
Director of Fixed Assets Accounting
FA Plant Funds Manager
The Director of Fixed Assets Accounting is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, that it reflects actual practice, and that it supports corporate policy.
N ® Assets ® Asset Workbench
B ® Find
1. Key the desired criteria in the 'Find Assets' window then click [Find.] In this example you will search for 'Asset Number' (55952).
2. Find the source asset with the invoice information that you want to change.
3. Click the [Source Lines] button.
4. Select the invoice line(s) you want to transfer by selecting the far left check box. Key the amount you want to transfer in the 'Transfer Amount' field. Click the 'Transfer to...' button.
Note: The 'Line Amount' changes to 0.00 and its original value (in this example 5,000.00) appears in the 'Transfer Amount' when you click the check box at the far left of the line. If you want to transfer only part of the original 'Line Amount' clear the existing amount (Edit ® Clear Field) and key in the amount you do want transferred. Tab to or click in a different field and the 'Line Amount' field will reflect the difference between the amount you want transferred and the original 'Line Amount' (in this example, 3,000.00)
5. In the Transfer To window, find the destination asset to which you want to transfer the line (Click View ® Query by Example and key the 'Asset Tag Number' you want to transfer to. Then press Ctrl-F11 to find the item). IS Assets displays the new cost for the destination asset, which receives the capital from the source asset.
6. Click [Done].
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.