Receipts-Entering and Applying
AR Receipts Specialist
Receipts-Entering and Applying.
The AR Manager is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® Receipts ® Batches
1. Complete the Receipt Batches information.
"Manual Regular" should be the default.
Select "Manual" from LOV. The Currency, Receipt Class, Bank Name, and Bank Account Number will automatically fill in.
Select the desired Payment Method from LOV.
The Batch Name entered is dependent on the Payment Method chosen in the previous step.
Enter the total number of receipts to add to the batch.
Enter the total amount of the receipts to add to the batch.
2. Select the Receipts button.
The Receipts Summary form will appear.
3. Enter the Receipts Summary information.
The Receipt Number entered is dependent on the Payment Method and Batch Name chosen in previous steps.
Accept the default of "Cash".
Enter the receipt date.
Enter the GL Date.
The Receipt Amount entered is dependent on the Payment Method chosen in a previous step.
4. Repeat to add additional receipts.
The actual count and amount on the Receipt Batches form is updated as each receipt is entered.
5. Save the information in the Receipts Summary form.
6. Close the Receipts Summary form.
7. View the Receipt Batches form.
The Difference-Count field and the Difference-Amount field should be zero.
If not, there are errors in the number of receipts entered, or the amounts. Locate and correct any errors before proceeding.
8. Apply the receipts to Transactions.
The Receipts form will open to allow application of the receipt to a Transaction.
9. Apply the Receipts.
Use the Trans Number, Customer Name, or Customer Number field to locate the desired Customer.
10. Select the Applications button.
The Applications form will appear.
11. Complete the Applications information.
Use the LOV to locate the desired Transaction.
The Amount Applied field will display the entire amount of the Transaction. Edit the field if desired.
12. Continue to apply as necessary.
13. Save the Receipt Application.
14. Close the form.
Close all forms until the Receipts Summary form appears.
15. Select next receipt.
16. Repeat the Receipt Application process until complete.
End of activity.
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.