Entering Bank Statement Information Manually
CM Bank Reconciliation Accountant
The Director of Accounting Services is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
IS Cash Management
N ® Bank Reconciliation ® Bank Statements
B ® Find
B ® New
1. Click Find to open the Reconcile Bank Statements window.
2. Click New to enter a new statement.
3. Enter the bank header information, including account number, account name, bank name, bank branch, and currency.
4. In the Date field, enter the statement date.
5. In the Statement Number field, manually enter the statement number.
6. Enter the GL date. The default is the statement date. The GL date must be in an open or a future-enterable period in IS Receivables or IS Payables.
7. Enter bank statement control totals. The opening balance must be entered manually and should equal the closing balance of the prior weeks statement. However, if necessary, you can update the opening and closing balances. You can also enter control totals for receipts and payments, as well as the number of statement lines.
8. Save your work.
9. Click Lines to enter the statement lines.
10. In the Line Number field, enter the line number.
11. In the Type field, select the type of transaction.
12. (Optional) If you plan to automatically reconcile the bank statement, for each transaction line, enter the bank transaction code and transaction number.
13. The Date Cleared field will default to the statement date.
14. Enter the transaction amount as a positive number. The transaction type determines whether the amount is a payment or a receipt.
15. In the Description region, enter the description of the transaction.
19. Save your work.
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.