UVA Budget Developer
The Director of the Budget is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, that it reflects actual practice, and that it supports University policy.
UVA Budget Developer
B ® OK
1. Log into Integrated System Applications using the UVA Budget Developer responsibility.
2. Double click on Budget Forms to see the two forms available for budgeting.
3. Use the List of Values (LOV) or manually key the appropriate values to enter the Entity, Project, Fund Source, Object Code, and Amount for which you will budget. The Object Code LOV will be limited to the revenue and transfer objects codes. Revenues and transfers-in should be entered as negative figures with the minus sign preceding the amount. Transfers-out should be entered as positive amounts. The organization will default to the project owning organization, and the future segment will default to “0000” to complete the GL accounting string. You can see the entire GL Account String when you run the Discoverer report BU_WEB Budget Development Report.
The two fields at the top left of the form (Display year and Display Version) and the three fields on the right (Period Year, Version, Description) are not editable fields. The Display Year will always default to the subsequent fiscal year. For example, if you are entering data in March 2013, the Display Year will always be 2014 for next fiscal year. The Display Version will always default to “O” for Original Budget. If you want to see information with other Year and Version criteria, you must run the Discoverer budget report.
The Account Description will identify the account name of the value for the line on which your cursor rests.
4. Save your work.
5. The system will validate the GL Account String entered. If you receive an error message with the text “Code Combination is Not Established, Please Contact the Budget Office,” click OK and check the GL Account String. This message will only occur if you are using a new GL Account String. If the GL Account String you entered is correct, contact the Budget Office, as they will need to create this GL Account String and ensure it passes the appropriate cross-validation rules.
6. Use the Query function (View® Query by Example® Enter) to find budget data previously saved for the current budget development period. You can retrieve previously saved information and make necessary edits or deletions.
All the Project-Task-Award (PTA) budgets for state general (SG), local general (LG), local chair (LC), local sales and service (LS), local other (LO), state sales and service (SS), state auxiliary (SA), local auxiliary (LA), central endowment (EI), central gifts (DI), F&A institutional (FI), and state restricted (SR) awards must be loaded using the OGM Budget Form.
7. Use the List of Values (LOV) to enter the Project, Task and Award (fields at top center of the form) for which you would like to budget. Once you select the project, the LOV for the task and award automatically identify the appropriate values attached to the project selected. The organization value will attach by default as the award owning organization. You can see the entire PTAEO combination when you run the corresponding Discoverer report. Only previously approved and linked PTAs can be included on this submission. The form will not check PTA combinations until you save. Selecting the Project from the LOV instead of keying it in eliminates such errors.
The two fields at the top left of the form (Display Year and Display Version) are not editable fields. In the body of the form, the fields Year, Version, and Description also display information that cannot be edited. If you want to see data using other Year and Version criteria, you must run the Discoverer BU_WEB Budget Development Report.
8. Place your cursor in the BUDGET: Expenditure Type field. Use the LOV to select the expenditure type and enter an amount. Use the TAB key to move to subsequent lines.
9. To budget any FTEs, place your cursor in the FTE: Expenditure Type field and use the LOV to select the appropriate FTE expenditure type.
10. Enter the appropriate FTE value. Use the TAB key to move to other lines.
11. Save your work.
NOTE: If you receive the following error message, you have entered an invalid PTA combination. Using your list of values as you enter the data should help you avoid this message.
The Expenditure Type and Amounts returned by the query may be edited and saved as outlined in steps 8 though 12 above.
Revision: 6 rlm5s
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2010, Oracle & Universtiy of Virginia. All rights reserved.