Tasks - Creating & Modifying Tasks
GM Award Manager*
GM GL Projects*
GM Project Manager*
GM Setup Specialist*
GM OSP Setup Specialist*
Creating Additional Tasks & Modifying Existing Tasks
The Comptroller is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Creating & Modifying Tasks
Every project must have at least one task. When you create a project from a project template, GA Projects creates task number 101, with task name Task 1 by default.
N ® Projects ® B ® Find ® Projects, Templates Summary
B ® Open
1. Navigate to the Projects, Templates window. Enter the project number you want to modify. Select [Find]. The Projects, Templates Summary window appears.
2. Select [Open]. The Projects, Templates window appears.
GA Project Managers (and higher level GA responsibilities) can add additional tasks to a project. All task names should conform to the UVA naming convention:
When using tasks, the following options are available:
If you want to set the task options, goto step #3.
If you want to create a task, goto step #9.
Modifying Task Options
3. In the Projects, Template window, select the Tasks. The Tasks window appears.
4. Select Options,
5. Double click on Task Details.
6. You may enter options for your tasks, such as task manager, duration, etc. However, these options are not required.
8. Close to return to the Tasks window.
Create a New Task
9. Select a task and choose [Create Peer Task]
Note: UVa uses Peer Task only.
10. Enter the task information, including task number, task name, and task description.
Note: The Project start and finish dates automatically default in, the Task dates can be modified to as long as the dates are within the Project start and finish dates.
11. Create any task options as required for your project.
12. Create additional tasks if necessary.
Do not use [Create Subtask], UVA is not using this function at this time.
Task Structure Changes
You will not be allowed to delete a task if there are previous transactions or transactions controls.
To prevent future charges on a task with previous transactions or with transactions controls enter a Transaction Finish Date on the task.
Tasks cannot be charged if they are past their Transaction Finish Date.
End of activity.
Revision: 9 dhw
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.