Revising Projects in GA
GM Setup Specialist
GM OSP Setup Specialist
GM GL Projects
GM Award Manager
GM Project Manager
Creating & Revising a Project
The Comptroller is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Revising a project assumes that the project already exists and requires a change (revision) such as, changing a key member or ending a project. When end dating a project there should NOT be any pending transactions on the project, for example purchase orders, labor schedules or cost transfers.
N ® Projects ® B ® Find ® Projects, Templates Summary ® B ® Open
1. Navigate to Projects, enter your project number and tab.
2. Select [Find].
3. Select [Open].
Note: The organization field can only be changed if there are no transactions against the Project. Only the ASC Administrator can change the Organization field. Call the Help Desk, 924-HELP, to request an organization change on a project. Do not change the Type field.
4. Project name can be modified.
Note: Project name must be unique.
5. Long Name can be modified.
6. Trans Duration Dates can be modified.
7. Description field can be modified.
8. In the Options region, highlight the box next to Classification and either double click or select [Details].
9. View Project Classifications.
Only GM Setup Specialists and GM Administrators can change the following Project classifications:
To request a change to one of these classifications please contact Randy Ellis at email@example.com or Laura Lingo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Project and Award Managers will continue to initially set up these classifications on the Project Quick Entry form, but any changes must be handled centrally.
to the Expenditure Function/F&A Cost Code are retroactive.
Revising Projects - Key Member Changes
10. Highlight Key Members in the Options region of the Projects, Templates window, and select [Details].
11. End date the existing Project Manager in the To field.
13. Enter new Project manager's name using the LOV on the next available line.
14. Choose Project Manager using the LOV.
15. Change the From date to the day after the previous Project Manger's To date.
The Project Manager is a required project role. The From date for the new Project Manager must be the day after the departing Project Manager's To date.
Other individuals (UVa employees) can be entered in project roles (Project Reviewer, Principal Investigator (PI) or Fiscal Contact) using the LOV.
A PI and a Fiscal Contact are required for Grants and Contracts only.
There may be more than one Fiscal Contact and more than one PI.
There can be only one Project Manager at a time.
There can be only one Project Reviewer at a time.
Revising Projects - Resource List Assignments
Project/Award linkage and the budgetary control settings populate the Resource List Assignments region.
The drilldown default also automatically populates depending on the Project/Award linkage and the budgetary control settings. The selection of UVa Status Reporting as the drilldown default should be left since it determines PSI reporting drilldown.
End of activity.
Revision: 10 dhw
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.