GM Setup Specialist
GM OSP Setup Specialist
The Comptroller is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Note: Entering Award Installments is not covered here. There is a separate section in your manual devoted to Award Installments and Funding Projects.
1. Navigate to the Find Award window, enter any search parameters and select [Find]. The Award Management folder appears.
When you complete the Award Quick Entry screen and select [OK], the Award Management window opens. If you want to enter additional information later you will need to follow the navigation path to open the Award Management window.
N ® Awards ® B ® Find ® B ® Open
3. Open the Descriptive Flexfield (DFF).
The Descriptive Flexfield, in the Award Management Screen (looks like a bracketed checkbox and is located under the Funded Amount field) "Revenue Project" must be completed if known and is required for all non-G&C awards. The information entered in this field drives the link to how revenue for non G&C is recorded in GL and drives the cash balance report. Use the LOV to choose from a GA or GL project.
"G&C Sponsor SubClass Code" is not required. This field is for OSP to capture an additional fund source or sub sponsor. The LOV can be used to select the sponsor.
"Billing Department (Agent)" - Required for G&C Awards and is defaulted in from the template. This allows for invoicing in AR. The default is 20410 FI - Sponsored Programs, showing that the "billing department" or invoice origination is in OSP.
4. Review the other alternative regions of the Award Management window, to add or modify information from the Award template and Award Quick Entry window. For some regions you must enter data while for others the information defaults in from the Award Template and Award Quick Entry screen. The alternative regions are useful when looking for information about your award.
Alternative Regions are accessible from the tabs on the Award Management window. To see all the tabs select the right-arrow button at the far right of the tabs. The following are Award Alternative Regions:
Below are screen shots of the Award Alternative Region Tabs.
5. Select the Terms and Conditions tab, and the Category from the second pull-down menu.
Terms & Conditions are user-defined, written stipulations specified by the funding source of the award, and may vary by award. Generally, this field is not necessary for non-G&C Awards. Any new Terms & Conditions will need to be added to the LOV by the system administrator.
6. Select the Budgetary Control tab. All of these values default in from the Award Template and or the Award Quick Entry screen.
Budgetary Control is an IS feature used to control actual and anticipated expenditures against a budget. When budgetary control is enabled, funds availability can be checked on-line for transactions, and funds can be reserved for transactions by creating encumbrances. IS automatically calculates funds available (budget less encumbrances less actual expenditures) when funds are reserved for a transaction.
The UVa standard for Budgetary Control is Advisory for award and task and None for Resource Group and Resource. When you use the Budgetary Control window, you can modify the control at each level. Your control levels are absolute, advisory and none.
A change to the default budgetary control will require approval from the appropriate central office (i.e., OSP, Financial Administration).
7. Select the Funding Source Details tab. The Customer Address comes in from the AR Customer table. The addresses may default in or you can use the LOV to bring in a customer address. If a customer has only one address, that will default in when you choose the LOV. When there is more than one address you will have to select the appropriate address from the list.
8. Select the Contacts alternative tab. The contact defaults in from the AR Customers table, based on the customer/funding source and address you have chosen. For G&C awards the contact will be the Office of Sponsored Programs accountant.
9. Select the Personnel tab. Enter the UVA award personnel using the LOV. The available Award Roles are: Award Manager, Award Oversight 1, Award Oversight 2, and Principal Investigator.
To avoid error messages when adding a new award manager:
NOTE: Check the Discoverer Report IS.ASC.Oracle Responsibilities by Employee to determine whether or not employees have the IS Responsibility, UVA Award Manager, before assigning the following award roles:
Employees cannot access the Award Management forms unless they have one of the following IS Responsibilities:
There are other tab choices which can be accessed from the drop-down menu located to the right of the Personnel tab.
10. Select Compliances from the drop-down menu. This information defaults in from the Award Template/ Award Quick Entry screen.
For Office of Sponsored Programs Only:
Refer to “Setting Up Override Schedules” on the next section of this manual.
The Amount tab displays Revenue Amount and Bill Amount.
11. Select the Reports tab and use the list of values to select the reports that will be made on this award. The region will be blank for non-G&C Awards.
12. Select [References] from the drop-down menu and select the appropriate references for this award.
The table below describes the references that appear in the LOV.
If Student Information System charges are allowed,
Type in [SIS Allowed].
SIS Allowed is not in the drop down list.
13. UVA does not use this alternative region.
14. UVA does not use this alternative region.
Revision: 7 mr
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2010, Oracle & UVa. All rights reserved.