Budgets - Increase Funding & Budget
GM Award Manager
GM Project Manager
GM Setup Specialist
GM OSP Setup Specialist
Creating Award Budgets
The Comptroller is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Refer to Budget Office Guidelines for Modifying Budgets
Run the standard report in GA: UVA PA Installment vs Project Funding vs Expenditures or UVA PA Revenue Installment vs Project Funding vs Expenditures
Increase the Funding from the Award to the Project
N ® Awards
1. Navigate to Find Award window.
2. Enter award number.
3. Select [Find].
4. Select [Open].
5. Navigate to the Installments region to view the installment.
It is important to select the installment that encompasses the current fiscal year.
6. Select [Project Funding].
7. Select Project to increase.
Funded amount cannot be more than installment amount.
Funded amount cannot be less than the budgeted amount.
8. Highlight funded amount and enter the increased amount (for example original amount of 10,000 is being increased by 10,000 equals 20,000).
DO NOT DELETE funded amount when increasing or decreasing.
10. Close Fund Projects window.
11. Navigate to the Award budgets window
N ® Budgets ® Award Budgets
When you enter the Award Budget window directly from the Award window the award number is populated, if there is only one project associated with the Award the project number is populated or choose from the LOV. Proceed to step 14.
12. Enter Award Number.
13. Select Project Number (if there is only one project associated with the Award the project number is populated or choose from the LOV).
14. Select [Find Draft].
Determine whether you need to create or amend an award budget.
15. Enter the Version Name (for example "Revision #1 FY06").
16. Enter a description (for example, "Increment 2006) budget for $x for salary funding".
17. Select [Details] and the Task Budgets window opens.
18. Select [Budget Lines] and the Budget Lines window opens.
19. Choose the period (month) you'd like to budget to. The dates are automatically set to equal the start and completion dates of the project and task.
20. Choose/Enter the resource (Expenditure type.).
Burdened Cost for Amount Type populates when the Resource is selected.
21. Choose the period with the amount you want increase.
The field amount will highlight when you select the period.
22. Change the amount to the new amount.
If the total amount for budgeted for the period needs to be deleted highlight the amount and use the delete key on your Key Board only.
Deleting the resource line will delete the entire budget line.
Do not delete the resource line or the period amount using the delete icon or Edit>Delete from the menu bar.
23. Save after each line.
Option: You can enter a change reason and comment for each period you budget.
For multiple task budgets, click on the blue arrows down/up next to the task field to choose the next task to budget. Repeat steps 19 - 23.
24. Close Budget Lines window.
25. Close Task Budgets.
26. Select [Submit].
Existing budgets that have no transactions against them will not submit a concurrent request for submitting but will instead submit on-line
When you submit the award budget for a project and award linkage with transactions against them a concurrent process is kicked off and a Note window will open.
27. Select [OK]
Workflow will kick off and baseline an existing budget.
Workflow sends an email notification when the budget has been baselined.
28. Monitor workflow from the Award Budget window.
Revision: 13 dhw
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.