Standard Reports - Submitting & Scheduling Requests
The Comptroller is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® Reports ® Run
N ® Other ® Requests ® Run
Submit a New Request
In the following examples the reports are being run in the Grants Accounting application.
1. Open the "Submit a New Request" window.
2. Select "Single Request" and select [OK].
3. Select "Request Name" field and press Ctrl-L or select the LOV icon to see the list of standard reports available in the module.
NOTE: Use the Copy... button to display a list of all requests that you have previously submitted from this responsibility. Select a request from the list and choose the Submit button.
4. Select the desired report from the list in the 'Reports' window. The preceding example displays a list of reports available in the Grants Accounting module.
5. A 'Parameters' window appears automatically if you selected a report that requires parameter values. Enter the required values in the appropriate parameter fields and select [OK].
Define a schedule to run a request as soon as possible, at a specific time, or repeatedly at specific intervals.
6. Select [Schedule].
Schedule window opens.
7. Select [Apply a Saved Schedule] if needed.
8. Select the type of schedule from the Run the Job... option group.
Some schedule selections require additional information.
The request only runs once.
Choose the Start At and End At fields using the LOV and Re-run every field using the drop down list.
Choose the Start At and End At fields using the LOV.
9. Select Save this schedule check box to save your schedule (Optional).
10. Select [OK].
You are prompted to enter a unique name for your schedule.
11. Select the [Options] to change the default notification and output options. (If applicable)
Upon Completion window opens.
Output options include:
Note: Some requests have a required Style or Printer value that you cannot change.
Note: Some requests require a printer to be selected, if your printer is not on the LOV choose any printer with zero copies to run the report. You can print the report from the browser window when viewing the output.
12. Select [OK].
13. Select [Submit].
If the following error message appears you must select a printer.
Goto task #11 to select a printer if Error message did not appear continue
Request window opens and displays all requests, not just yours.
14. To see only your own requests, click [View], [Requests].
15. Select [Find].
16. Select [Refresh Data].
NOTE: The Phase and Status fields will not change dynamically as the request is processed. You must select [Refresh Data] periodically to see any changes in phase or status.
17. When the Phase field shows "Completed, Select [View Output].
The report will be displayed in HTML format in a new browser window.
M ® Tools ® Reprint/Republish
This function will reprint or republish an existing request.
To reprint or republish an existing request
18. Select a Request ID.
19. Select Tools from the menu bar.
20. Select Reprint/Republish.
21. Select a Printer from the Search Flashlight.
Note: This field does not work the same as a LOV, you must clear the field before entering a partial printer name.
22. Select Print Style.
23. Select number of Copies.
24. Select [Apply].
25. Select [OK].
GM Setup Specialist
GM OSP Setup Specialist
GM Financial Analysis Workflow Approver
GM ITS Workflow Approver
GM Award Manager
GM Project Manager
GM Transaction Specialist
Revision: 5 mr
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.