Cost Transfers - Copy Expenditure Batches in GA
GM Setup Specialist*
GM OSP Setup Specialist*
GM Billing Specialist*
GM Award Manager*
GM Project Manager*
GM Transaction Specialist*
Expenditure Batches in GA
The Comptroller is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Steps in Copying Transaction Batches
The following instructions detail copying transaction batches directly into GA.
N ® Expenditures ® Pre-Approved Batches ® Enter Actuals
1. Navigate to Enter Actuals and open the Expenditure Batches window.
2. Enter a unique batch name according to UVa conventions.
3. Enter the ending date.
Select the LOV and select today’s date from the calendar. The date of the Sunday that falls after your expenditure date will default in. (This is GA functionality.)
The expenditure class of "usages" will default in.
The description defaults in as "usages".
This field can be modified to provide further identification for the batch.
6. Check the "All Negative Transactions Entered as Unmatched" checkbox.
7. Select [Copy From].
Copy From Expenditure Batch form opens.
8. Uncheck Update Employee Organizations box.
9. Find the Batch to copy from using LOV.
10. Select [OK].
Note box message will show that X lines were copied and X rejected. The copied information will now display in the expenditures window.
11. Select [OK].
Expenditures window opens.
The expenditure ending date defaults in from the Expenditure Batch screen.
12. Review the organization field
Note: If the organization is incorrect the copied expenditure lines will be deleted when correcting (deleting) the organization line.
13. Edit the Expenditure Item Date:
This is the date the expense actually incurred (Expenditure Item Date). This data element comes from the Discoverer Report IS.FM_Expenditure Item Detail by Project.
For monthly service charges this would be the last day of the month the service was incurred (Internal Service Providers).
Note: Follow the Policy and Procedures for Accounting Services and Office of Sponsored Programs on Cost Transfers.
14. Review/Edit to verify the PTAE is correct.
15. Edit the quantity ($ amount) of the expenditure if needed.
16. Edit the comments as needed.
17. Save your work.
Repeat steps 12 thru 17 for each organization/transaction line.
18. Return to the Expenditure Batches window by closing the Expenditures window.
Note: Check to make sure that your batch running totals = 0.
19. Select [Submit] on the Expenditure Batches window.
20. Close Expenditure Batches.
End of activity.
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.