Benefits - Enter Enrollments
Chief Human Resource Officer
UVA HRMS Benefits Specialist
Benefits for New Hires and Rehires PRO7002H (Document under review)
Entering Benefits at Open Enrollment PRO7004H (Document under review)
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® People Enter & Maintain
1. If the current effective date is the date you wish to use, click on the [No] button. If not, click on the [Yes] button, enter the date you wish to use in the Effective Date field, and click on [OK].
Finding an Existing Person
2. Enter all or part of the person's last name in the Full Name field, using the wildcard character (%) as desired, to restrict your search.
3. Click on the [Find] button.
4. If the person is found in the database compare the first name, last name, social security number, or other known information with that in the database to ensure that it is the correct person.
5. Click on the [Assignment] button.
6. Use the down arrow on your keyboard to locate the assignment you need to update.
7. Click on the [Entries] button.
8. Select a blank line or click on the New Record icon on the toolbar to add a blank line.
9. The Effective Date From field defaults to the date to which you are date-tracked. If this is not the date the element will be effective, click on the Alter Effective Date icon on the toolbar. Enter the correct date in the Effective Date field and click on [OK].
10. Complete the following fields:
11. The Element Entries flexfield to the right of the Reason field displays automatically.
12. Enter any Element Comments and click on the [OK] button.
The Additional and Processed checkboxes are completed by the Payroll process. If checked, they indicate whether additional entries may have been entered via the Batch Element Entry process and whether the element processed successfully in the payroll update.
13. Click on the [Entry Values] button.
This is a sample of an Entry Values form. Each form contains fields related to the specific element selected and is different for each element. Examples of entry values include, but are not limited to: Coverage Amount, Coverage type, Amount, Coverage Start Date, and Coverage End Date.
14. Complete the entry values form for the element selected.
For new benefit elements, the entry value of Coverage Start Date is required if shown.
15. Close the Entry values form.
16. To add additional elements, repeat the same steps for additional lines on the element entries form.
If needed, select the Date Track button on the toolbar to change the effective date for each element added before entering the new element.
17. Save your work.
18. Close all forms and return to the Navigator.
Revision: 1 03/25/04
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.